What is E-Discovery Day?
Nine years ago, Exterro created E-Discovery Day to highlight the growing importance of e-discovery in the legal process and to give e-discovery professionals a day dedicated to learning, networking, and celebrating their role.
- Participating in E-Discovery Games, Contests
- Learning from E-Discovery Experts
- Meeting New E-Discovery Friends
Corporate counsel and legal professionals face unique and growing data-related challenges in this ever-changing threat landscape. The risk of litigation continues to rise as data requirements grow more complex and data volumes soar.
Join our expert panelist as we analyze the key areas of data-related risks and provide tools/tips to establish defensible practices for protecting your organization in the event of a cyber breach, internal investigation, or litigation.
- Christopher Costello - Partner, Kirkland & Ellis
- David Yerich - Director of eDiscovery, UnitedHealth Group
- Lindsey Tsai - E-Discovery & Data GRC, Exterro
The debate rages on about the value of ESI Protocols, whether to have one, or how complicated they really need to be to meet the parties’ needs, as well as how courts are viewing them. Join us for a lively discussion on real-world examples of when to use (and not use) a protocol, and the key elements to incorporate to benefit the parties and keep discovery moving forward (and off the judge’s calendar). We’ll discuss language issues in drafting and what the courts want to see from parties.
- Kelly Twigger - CEO and Founder at eDiscovery Assistant and Principal at ESI Attorneys
- Judge Allison Goddard - U.S. Magistrate Judge for the Southern District of California
- Maria Salacuse, Assistant General Counsel for Technology at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s (EEOC) Office of General Counsel
Generative AI has dominated the news cycle in 2023: from breathless claims about everything it can and will do, to fears it will annihilate humanity. We’ve seen colossal blunders on the part of attorneys who used GenAI to prepare court submissions and misguided responses from some courts. As we draft this description in the early Fall, it is almost impossible to predict where we will be on December 7. This panel will address both current technical and legal developments and challenges of GenAI from the perspective of computer scientists, lawyers, and judges.
- Dr. Maura Grossman - Research Professor and eDiscovery Lawyer/Consultant/Expert/Special Master, University of Waterloo
- Dr. Daniel Brown - Professor, University of Waterloo
- Judge Allison Goddard - U.S. Magistrate Judge, Southern District of California
On E-Discovery Day 2023, it's only fitting that we look back over the year that's coming to an end and review the most important e-discovery case law rulings of the year. Join Doug, Mary, Tom, and Judge Peck for a lively discussion that will cover the key lessons you need to know for your e-discovery cases in 2024.
- Doug Austin, Founder and Editor, eDiscovery Today
- Mary Mack, CEO and Chief Legal Technologist, EDRM
- Tom O'Connor, Director, Gulf Legal Technology Center
- Hon. Andrew Peck (Ret.), Senior Counsel, DLA Piper
Join us this eDiscovery Day as we honor the legacy of the late Gayle O'Connor (1956-2020) and celebrate the trailblazers of our community with the Gayle O'Connor Spirit Award.
This award pays homage to Gayle's indomitable spirit, unique energy, and drive to bring people together, even in the face of adversity. It recognizes professionals in the legal realm who, through their outstanding contributions to e-discovery, legal technology, and more, inspire, educate, and foster unity in our community. Our nominees, nominated by their esteemed peers, shine brightly in the legal industry, and serve as beacons of inspiration for all.
Please celebrate with us as we announce the 2023 recipient and laud the nominees for their exemplary work and dedication. Register now and be part of this momentous occasion!
- Tom O'Connor - Director, Gulf Legal Technology Center
- Seamus O'Connor - Hosted Services Specialist, Platinum IDS